In compliance with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, 679/2016/UE) and Spanish Personal Data Protection and Digital Rights Guarantees Act (LO 3/2018), we provide you with the following information about the processing of your personal data on our website(s).
FREEPIK COMPANY, S. L. is the owner and, therefore, responsible for the projects indicated below, including any of their subdomains or sections (hereinafter, "Website" as corresponds):
- www.freepik.com and www.freepik.es
- www.flaticon.com and www.flaticon.es
This legal text applies to the information we collect from you when you visit our Website, as in the following cases: user registration, using any of our services, collaboration, subscription to our newsletters or personal information provided when filling in online forms.
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The following sections address the collection and processing of your personal information through any of the projects run by Freepik Company, including any of their subdomains and sections.
1. Data controller
FREEPIK COMPANY, S.L, as data controller, is responsible for the processing of Users’ personal information on the Website: FREEPIK COMPANY, S.L. with Tax Id no. B-93183366 and registered office in 13 Molina Lario St., 5th floor, zip code 29015, Malaga (Spain)
2. Data Protection Officer
Abisko Data, S. L.
3. Processing of personal and non personal data
When you register on any of Freepik Company Website, different types of personal data are requested and processed, including profile data (username and password), identifying data (name, surname, identification document data); contact information: (email, telephone and address), among others.
We do not collect or process special categories of personal data (those that reveal ethnic or racial origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership and health information, orientation and sexual life, genetic or biometric data).
In case you are asked to provide personal data, due to legal obligation or in accordance with our contracting conditions, and you refuse to provide them, we may not be able to formalize said contract nor provide the service If this is the case, the User will be notified in advance.
Our services are targeted to persons of legal age. You can only contract our services and validly consent to our Terms and Conditions if you are of legal age. For this reason, our platform does not provide with any system to capture and record personal data of the guardians that complement the ability to contractually bind minors.
If you are a minor, in accordance with our terms and conditions, you cannot validly enter into any of the contracts we offer.
Additionally, when you browse and use the Website, even if you do not register, data is automatically collected through technology or automated interactions. In a generic way, technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns are collected. This data is collected through cookies or similar technologies. If you want more information, you can consult our Cookies Policy.
In addition, information is collected on the number of downloads and searches you perform. These data are recorded in order to control the number of downloads made by each user, thus allowing us to detect a fraudulent or illegitimate use of the Website, and, therefore, guarantee compliance with the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website,
Moreover, this data is analysed to improve the products or services that we offer you.
4. Our purpose and lawful basis of data we collect
Your personal data are processed with different purposes. Each processing must be based on a lawful basis, among those set forth by the regulation. We use the following basis:
- Consent: you have given your informed, unequivocal and specific consent to the processing of your personal data aimed to a specific purpose.
- Legal obligation: the law requires process and disclose certain data on occasions to certain institutions (for example, to the Tax Authority).
- Execution of a contract: the data are strictly necessary to provide you with our services or to comply with what was agree with you.
- Our legitimate interests, provided that your interests and rights do not prevail over them.
The legal bases of our data processing carried out through our Website, in relation to the purposes for which we will use your data, are the following:
When we collect personal data such as the IP address and other technical identifiers, we do so to guarantee the security of our Website, and to avoid fraud such as the abusive downloading of our images (above the maximum authorized as free). Our lawful basis is our legitimate interest in protecting the security of our systems and preventing the violation of our terms and conditions.
When you register as a user (either free or "premium"), we request the personal data that we need for the management and fulfillment of our contractual relationship with you.
When we formalize a collaboration agreement with you if you are a "contributor", we request the personal data that we need for the management and fulfillment of our contractual relationship.
When we promote our products, we look for potential users who fit into "profiles" deduced from the behavior patterns of our registered users. Our lawful basis is our legitimate interests in attracting new clients based on the know-how generated in our own activity. Likewise, based on our legitimate interest to know your opinion in order to improve our products, we may ask for your opinion through satisfaction surveys.
We will send you electronic commercial communications if (i) you have registered or contracted any of the Website Services, (ii) you request information about our products through any of the forms for this on the Website. In any case, we will do so as long as you have not expressed your willingness to stop receiving such communications (you can do so comfortably both in your user profile and in every email received by clicking the button "Unsubscribe from this list").
Our legal basis is our legitimate interest (to offer you commercial information about products or services similar to those that you have already contracted or about which you have requested information), by virtue of art. 21.2 of Law 34/2002 of July 11, of Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSI).
When you contact us requesting information or support, we process your data in order to assist you, based on your consent expressed in your own request.
When you submit your application to join the Freepik Company staff, we process your personal data based on your consent, to assess your hiring.
When in some cases we are legally bound by different regulation (regardless of whether or not you give your consent), to process and / or transfer certain personal data to different entities. For example, to the Tax Authority, or the law enforcement authorities, at their request.
5. For how long do we keep your data
We process your personal data only for the time necessary, depending on each case.
- In relation to your non-commercial inquiries, the data will be deleted once they have been answered.
- In relation to the sending of commercial communications, the data will be processed for three years from the last interaction with you.
- We will store your CV for a period of one year from receipt.
- In relation to the management of the web through cookies, we refer to the Cookies Policy where you will find detailed information on the persistence or duration of our first-party cookies and links to extended information regarding third-party cookies.
- In relation to the data necessary to provide the contracted service and the contractual relationship, your personal data will be stored while the contractual relationship is still active, and it will be kept blocked for five years more (until the prescription of any contractual liability) or a period of six years (regarding accounting information).
6. Data update
We ask that you to immediately notify us of any changes to your data so that the information contained in our systems is up-to-date at all times and does not contain errors. In this sense, you represent and guarantee that the information and data that you have provided us is accurate, current and truthful.
7. Disclosure of Data
Freepik Company does not transfer nor share collected personal data with third parties external to the company.
- Service providers, to manage systems and information technology.
- Payment platforms, banks and companies involved in the transaction process, to ensure the fulfilment of the necessary transactions.
- Lawyers, auditors, legal and accounting consultancy services and financial institutions.
In accordance with our commitment to your privacy and your data protection right, we exclusively choose only top-tier service providers, leaders in their respective sectors. You can request the list of providers that have access to your personal data, as well as the services provided by each one, through the email address provided in the exercise of rights section.
We commercially exploit the advertising that is shown to you on our Website by third parties, and we do so through "cookies" and other similar technologies, always with your prior consent, collected through the One Trust CMP (the configuration panel of cookies that informs you of the different purposes of data processing developed by the advertising companies, among others).
Our Website also includes plugins which allow the User to carry out actions on social networks of third parties such as Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest, like, for instance, sending a publication or showing support to the website. These plugins are indicated with the corresponding social network logotype, and require the access data to the correspondent platform, and your consent.
8. Rights of the User
We guarantee the exercise of rights established in the General Data Protection.
You can exercise the rights described below in the following ways: logging in the User account by clicking on this link, through the support form, available on the Website or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Freepik Company may require you to verify your identity before taking action on the request for the exercise of rights.
You have the following rights:
- Transparency and information on how we process your personal data (right to be informed). Right that we satisfy, for example, through this legal text.
- Right to request a copy of the information we hold, which will be provided to you within a month (right of access).
- Right to update or modify the information we have if it is incorrect or inaccurate (right of rectification).
- Right to request us to stop processing your information while a complaint is being resolved, among other cases (right to limit processing).
- Right to be informed of automated decision procedures, including profiling.
Additionally, when we process your personal data based on your consent or on our contractual relationship with you:
- Right to request that we delete personal data from our records (right to erasure or "to be forgotten"). You can carry out this request at any time by closing your account, through your profile section.
- Right to obtain and reuse personal data for your own purposes (right to data portability).
- Right to revoke at any time the consent previously given to any of our processing of your personal data.
Or, when we process your personal data based on our legitimate corporate interests:
- Right to object to the processing of personal data based on our legitimate interests claiming circumstances based on your personal situation (right to object). You can oppose these treatments related to the sending of advertising both in the registration form, as well as through your own profile, by unchecking the box enabled in the "Notifications" section and through any of the commercial communication we send to you.
9. Data Security
We have implemented strong security controls to safeguard User’s personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration.
For example, to protect your personal data, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology is used during the transmission of data. This means that an approved encryption procedure is used for communication between your computer or device and Freepik's servers, as long as your browser supports SSL.
10. International Data Transfers
We work with certain data processors: subcontractors and content delivery networks to help us to deliver our Services.
A data processor, as already said, is an external subcontractor that we hire, and that may have access to personal data about users or collaborators, or that stores them in the context of the service provided to us.
Some of these external service providers are located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), so the processing of your personal data involves an international data transfer.
These international data transfers can occur to countries with a level of protection of personal data potentially lower than that imposed by the RGPD. Said international data transfers are covered by standard contractual clauses (art 46.2.c) GDPR).
11. Complaint Submission
If you, the User, do not agree with the way Freepik Company processes your personal data, you can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com, or by contacting directly to the Spanish Data Protection Agency (Agencia Española de Protección de Datos, AEPD, in Spanish) here www.aepd.es.